Welcome to WE SWAP community!
Here you can swap your handmade items with one another.
It's a place without price tags. A place to share something special.

Friday, August 13, 2010

27. I swap: Handmade supply - hand-embellished, tufted bead piece


by Susanclare


About

I would like to offer a hand-embellished, tufted bead to trade. I consider the whole item as a single bead, yarn, little beads,etc but it is large enough that it could be considered as a pendant also. I call them "beaded beads" because I start with a bead then modify it by expanding what is there to create another bead. I made this bead using a beautiful, 25mm painted powder glass bead handmade in Ghana, Africa, threading it with three strands of brass wire.  I strung a selection of small, multi-colored glass beads on the wires and cinched them tight with a cobalt blue glass pony bead on each side then completed the embellishment with more bright seed beads and two small face beads, one on each side, hand-wrapping the wire ends to make loops on both ends. I added (8) tufts of stressed, knotted yarn to each side, including small glass "donuts" on each tuft, knotting them in place.

Want to swap for

I am open to anything! :)



blog comments powered by Disqus